SPF Annual Conference 2024
Technology and Innovation Centre (TIC), University of Strathclyde
99 George Street Glasgow G1 1RD
Date & Time:
24 Apr 2024
10:00 - 18:00
Prices start from:
|BPF Futures Members
This event is open to Members and Non-Members.
SPF Annual Conference 2024:
Creative Places for a New Economy
Our 2024 annual conference takes place this year at the University of Strathclyde’s Technology and Innovation Centre. The conference is themed Creative Places for a New Economy and will highlight key issues facing the real estate sector and our public sector partners in Scotland in 2024. With our new colleagues, the UK PropTech Association, we will also address how new working methods are changing the way we work and the role of real estate in the transformation of our economy.
Among key speakers already confirmed include the Minister for Housing, Paul McLennan MSP, our SPF Chair, Maria Francké, British Property Federation CEO Melanie Leech; Landsec CEO Mark Allan, owner of Glasgow’s Buchanan Galleries and this year’s British Property Federation President; and Councillor John Alexander, Leader of Dundee City Council and chair of the Scottish Cities Alliance.
The conference will hear from experts and key stakeholders covering a range of themes including the role of planning in delivering place-making for our new economy; the challenge of adapting our built environment to be net zero carbon emissions; the regeneration of our towns and cities and the need to attract investment to deliver more homes across all housing tenures.
- How to create great places?
- Achieving a sustainable built environment
- Revitalising our towns and cities
- Attracting new investment for communities
- Modern approach to Real Estate
If you are a UKPA member and would like to attend this event, please email email@example.com for more information and special rates.
Please note: speakers may be subject to change.
Melanie LeechCEO, British Property Federation
Paul McLennan MSPMinister for Housing, Scottish Government
Panellist - Attracting New Investment for Communities
Mark AllanBPF President & CEO, Landsec
Afternoon Keynote Speaker
John AlexanderLeader, Dundee City Council
Panellist - Revitalising our Towns & Cities
Maria FranckéSPF Chair & Director, Maria Francké Planning
Convener - How do we create great places?
Stuart OagSPF Vice-Chair & Finance Director, Drum Property Group
Convener - Revitalising our towns and cities
Panel 1 - How do we create great places?
- Convener: Maria Francké, SPF Chair & Director, Maria Francké Planning
- Craig McLaren, National Planning Improvement Champion
- Heather Claridge, Chair of the Key Agencies Group and Director of Architecture Design Scotland
Panel 2 - Achieving a sustainable built environment
- Convenor: Alan Stark, Chair of SPF’s Sustainability and Building Design Committee
- David Steen, Senior Policy Advisor at UKGBC
- Peter Kerr, Director at Atelier Ten
- Mairi Murray, Head of Sustainability, BakerHicks
Panel 3 - Revitalising our towns and cities
- Convener: Stuart Oag, SPF Vice-Chair & Finance Director, Drum Property Group
- Insights from John Alexander, Leader, Dundee City Council
- Mhairi Donaghy, Director at the Scottish Futures Trust
Panel 4 - Attracting new investment for communities
- Convener: Gillian McLees, Director of Build to Rent for Rettie & Co and Chair for UKAA in Scotland
- Insights - Paul McLennan MSP, Housing Minister
- Ed Crockett, Head of Residential Investment, Europa Capital
- James Blakey, Planning Director, Moda Living
Panel 5 - Modern approach to Real Estate
- Sammy Pahal, Director BPF and CEO of UK PropTech Association
- Emily Brodie, Associate, TFT and Vice Chair of BPF Futures
- Angus Lutton, Senior Surveyor, Buccleuch Property and BPF Futures Advisory Board Member
- Iain Smith, Senior Associate Brodies and BPF Futures Advisory Board Member
Watch out this space for more speaker updates in the due course.